.GR DOMAIN REGISTRATION - F.A.Q.
1. We own legal trademarks (Greek, European
or International Trademarks) and we want to register the
corresponding domain name under .GR. Is having a trademark
going to make the whole process simpler?
- No, the trademark will not make the process
2. Which means of payment would you accept?
- We accept cheque (but it depends on the
cheque, we will have to check with our bank first), wire
transfer, credit card (only through Paypal at the moment)
3. Is there going be any supplementary cost
for the two years registrations other than the €44+19%VAT
(does your price include the GR Hostmaster fees or not)?
- This price includes the GR Hostmaster fees
for two years. The only additional cost will be any translations
that may apply and you want us to make them for you.
4. With the service you provide will it be
possible for any company to register any domain name or
are there other restrictions than having an admin contact
- Any company can register any domain name
and as many as they want. (There is only a limit of one
domain per individual)
5. Why is the price for 2nd – unlimited
domains cheaper than the 1st one?
- Let me explain this. Let’s say you
want to register 10 domains. If you send me all the details
together and there is no problem with their contracts and
documents the cost for the first domain will be €44+19%VAT and for domains 2-10 will be €44+19%VAT for each one.
If you have one domain name today and another one in a week
then the price for the domains will be €44+19%VAT each.
This is to encourage bulk registrations and because there
is some extra cost to make each registration separate.
6. Is the Hostmaster going to send the invoice
- No, because in rules Hostmaster states:
"Any document concerning the registration / renewal
/ deletion of the domain name will be sent to the postal
address of the representative within Greece." We can
send it to you via mail at a small additional cost or we
can email it to you.
7. For the orders we made before the 15th
of November we only needed an application form that was
sent to us by post by GR Hostmaster. If I understand we
will from now on also need a Notary Power of Attorney appointing
you as a representative translated into Greek. I am right?
Would you provide us an example of such document?
- What you did before the 15th of November
is not what you have to do now. Since November the registration
requirements under .GR have changed. Yes, you will need
a Notary Power of Attorney appointing me as a representative
translated into Greek. We will provide you an example of
such document both in English and Greek.
8. Will you draw up and send to us an invoice
for our accountancy department with your price for the complete
service. Can you send this to us by email?
- Yes, we will draw up an invoice for you.
We can send it by email.
9. Do you just need a Power of Attorney signed
by us appointing you as admin contact in English and one
translated into Greek by a lawyer or is one Power in English
or Greek sufficient? Is it enough to have the Power of Attorney
signed by us appointing you as admin contact in English
and one translated into Greek by a lawyer or is one Power
of Attorney signed and stamped on letter headed paper (maybe
with translation of their contact data into Greek if compulsory).
- We need all the documents both in your preferred
language and in Greek. The original documents must bear
the Apostille authorization. (So having it signed and stamped
on letter headed paper is not enough) If your preferred
language is English we can provide Greek translation by
a lawyer at an extra cost.
10. I registered a domain and then changed
my mind. Can I get a refund?
- If the details have not been sent to the
GR Hostmaster your money can be used for another registration.
11. Can I register any name I want?
- You can. The only exceptions are Greek geographic
locations and names that insult the Christian ethics. Of
course you sign that by registering the domain name you
do not have the intension to harm any third interests or
12. I am registering the domain as a foreign
individual. I do not have a passport. Can I use my Identity
- Unfortunately at moment you can only use
13. What is an official body?
- The official body can be any lawyer that
has the power to sign a document using the Apostille authorization.
14. You say that the GR Hostmaster invoice
is made for the owner. Can this be made to someone else?
- No, the invoice can only be made for the
15. Would the procedure be simpler if we registered
the domain as a foreign private Individual?
- The foreign private individual option is
simpler but the domain is not registered under a company
name and each individual can only register one .gr domain.